How I Start My Day as a Unit Secretary
I start my day as Unit Secretary, by doing these five things.
- I get a good report from the night unit secretary. I want to know what patients are always on the call light, which patient will have a procedure done, family issues, etc.
- I’ll wipe down and sanitize my workstation.
- I’ll then log into the computer system and check for any new orders or check for orders that may have been missed.
- Then I’ll check the printers/fax machines and fill them with paper if necessary.
- And finally, I’ll check all the physical charts to make sure that they have enough face sheets, patient labels, and that the correct patient paperwork is in the right chart.
After that, I move on to the rest of the day.
Ready to learn more? Order Let's Talk About Being A Unit Secretary today!