How to Take Care of People Who Come to the Nursing Station
Every day, you will have people approaching you at the nursing station. Listed below are something that you should do to assist them.
- Make eye contact with the person and smile.
- Ask what brought them to a nursing station, listen carefully while they talk about their concerns or problems, and offer to help if you can. Be mindful of how you are interacting so far - do not interrupt.
- Escort them to a location if you know that the directions are confusing. You know the hospital's layout better than them, and walking them to another unit or correct department is the right thing to do.
- If you can assist in getting them a book or phone charger, or a clean blanket or towels.
- Follow up, if you can, to see if they need anything else.
Ready to learn more? Order Let's Talk About Being A Unit Secretary today!