How To Negotiate Your Salary as a Unit Secretary
A viewer wanted advice on negotiating the salary for a new position she is applying for at the company she already works at.
Below are some of the suggestions that I had for her:
- Be confident when you ask for the money
- Ask for the top of your range
- Ask for the salary in a year range. For example: instead of asking for $20 per hour, ask for a salary within $38,000 - $45,000
- If you have been with the company for a while and are willing to be with them for the long term; tell them so
- Your previous experience adds to and does not take away; you should be compensated for it.
- Negotiate no more than twice.
- If you’ve agreed to a certain amount, then stand by it.
- Be willing to walk away.
Ready to learn more? Order Let's Talk About Being A Unit Secretary today!